Author Topic: ‘Pacific Rim 2? Set for 2017  (Read 1258 times)

Shadow

• ZE veteran
  • Gundam 00 fan!
‘Pacific Rim 2? Set for 2017
« on: June 27, 2014, 05:07:47 PM »
It’s official: a Pacific Rim sequel is coming. Pacific Rim 2 has been set for a 2017 release, which Universal will bring to theaters. Additionally Guillermo del Toro says he’s also developing an animated Pacific Rim show that will debut before the film sequel.

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/pacific-rim-2/

Guillermo del Toro - Special Message about Pacific Rim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HndBiSyOrK4

I haven't watched the first one yet! *feels ashamed* But certain fandom pages and groups I've liked on Facebook are talking about it.

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email
Re: ‘Pacific Rim 2? Set for 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 08:35:46 PM »
Ohh, that sounds fun! I'm rather a fan of Guillermo del Toro's works, so I hope he puts some good effort into these. I enjoyed the first movie a lot!
...pending...

Sabre Liger

• The Lazy One
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 11:40:39 AM »
I have the first movie, but I still haven't watched it. So I should be the one ashamed.

But on the note of that animated tv show I just hope we get more information since there's soo much you can do in a animated tv show. More Kaiju, new weapons the Jaegers can use throughout the series. Now I need to stop or else I'll be typing here all day
I only believe in overkill when the weapon in toy form is big enough for ME to use. *Stares at Blue Frame* <_<

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:44:37 PM »
That's very true. Depending on how it's animated, they may have the ability to do a lot more with that world. I'll be interesting to see how things develop.
...pending...

sammich

• Hetalia Zombie
  • Administrator
  • Vote for Zoids!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 12:30:40 AM »
Pacific Rim was excellent.  Ah this makes me want to watch it again.  I'm looking forward to the second one and I'm excited to hear about the animated version too!  Del Toro really puts a lot of nerdiness and effort into his projects.  I hope it pays off.
Warning: Hetalia Boys' Love fangirl.  Proceed to art gallery with caution.
Drawings on DeviantArt.

HaTcH

• Ampersands' Back
  • Cuuuute
    • Liger's Union
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 12:45:31 AM »
I really enjoyed the first one. Stompy robot action wooo :)

Just saw the latest Transformers on Friday too.. I love that big ol' robot stuff is making its way into main stream
Zoids Fanart Gallery!
Got Zoids art? Get LUart!